Sunday 27 December 2009

The Itching Belonging Niche

Is it really possible that almost 4 years after graduating high school I still feel like I have no idea what to do with myself?
Here is a list of things I think would be worth while
1. Writing
2. Teaching
3. Working in the special collections of a major academic library
4. Photography
5. Editing books (not just copy editing but picking the books that are to be published)
6. Editing or writing for YOGA JOURNAL magazine
7. teaching yoga

It always seems like the success stories come from people who have found their niche in the world, or a place where they belong. Everyone one wants that. I want to find something I that makes me feel good, something that makes me feel like I belong here. But none of us really belong here. So to all those people who feel like they don't belong and can't seem to find their niche, you may be better off than those success stories, and if not then at least you aren't alone.

1 comment:

  1. a blog that no one reads is not as interesting as a journal that no one is allowed to read

    ReplyDelete